Tom Levy (b. 1987, Reading, England) has exhibited widely between London, New York City and internationally. Tom spent six month at the Cyprus College of Art as Artist in Residence, several years after being a graduate student there on a fellowship. He received his BFA in Fine Art and History of Art at Goldsmiths University in London. 2015 brought him to the New York Academy of Art where he recently received his MFA and various academy awards including exhibitions scholar. He is now Artist in Residence at 1969 Gallery in New York’s Lower East Side and was recently awarded a significant grant from the New York Community Trust. Tom has been features in (T)here magazine in which he was flown to Miami on a residency and has been published on the website “painters on paintings”.
• 2019, Proto Gomez gallery, New York.
• 2018, Art Lines gallery, Hackensack, New Jersey.
• 2015, Visual Meditations, Hoxton, London.
• 2018, 3 person show, Kouros, MEN gallery, New York. http://13monroe.men/
• 2019, Right Behind the New Museum, Please the on the Grass. New York.
• 2018, TAV, Measure, New York. https://www.theartvacancy.com/
• 2018, All My Friends, “Right Behind the New Museum”, New York.
• 2018, Santo Santos, Mexico City.
• 2018, Back Room and the Bathers, Four Eleven Gallery, Province Town, MA, USA. https://www.fourelevengallery.com/
• 2018, Open Studio, 195 Chrystie st, New York.
• 2018, Introductions, Trestle gallery, New York. http://www.trestlegallery.org/
• 2017, I <3 Black, 1969 gallery, New York. http://www.1969gallery.com/
• 2017, Single Fare 4, Highline Stages, New York. http://subwayartblog.com/tag/single-fare/
• 2017, guest curator, lecturer undergraduate summer residency students, NYAA, New York.
• 2017, flowers gallery summer ex, New York. https://www.flowersgallery.com/
• 2017, Perfection to a T, New York.
• 2017, Ashurst emerging artist award, London. http://www.artprize.co.uk/
• 2017, Tribeca Ball, New York Academy of Art, New York. https://nyaa.edu/tribecaball/
• 2017, Eye2Eye, Laura Skoler collection, New York.
• 2015, Bay Ridge art space opening exhibition, New York.
• 2015, Gruppenausstellung (group show), Dzialdov, Berlin. http://dzialdov.de/
• 2014, Save a Childs Heart, Jewish Heritage Museum, London.
• 2014, The premier league 2014, Lelios art point, Limassol Cyprus.
• 2014, Cyprus college of art, exhibitor and curator, Paphos Cyprus.
• 2013, Brewery Arts club, Time Stands Still, exhibitor, Kendal U.K.
• 2013, cARTographies, exhibitor and curator, London. https://artannulus.wordpress.com/
• 2013, Out of the Blue/ Stroke association, London. https://www.stroke.org.uk/
• 2012, Royal Academy of the Arts, staff exhibition, London.
• 2012, Annulus Launch, exhibitor and curator, London.
• 2012, Candid Admin, London.
• 2011, Ephem Art, London.
• 2011, Goldsmiths Degree show, London.
• 2011, Marmite Prize for Painting assistant curator, London.
• 2010, 400 Women, touring show.
• 2010, Hot Tap exhibitor & curator, London.
• 2009, Fry Up, Old Police Station (Deptford X), exhibitor & curator, London.
• 2008, “Freskes Patates”, Cyprus College of Art, exhibitor & curator, Cyprus.
• 2007, Study Art, Morfi gallery, exhibitor & assistant curator, Limassol, Cyprus.
• Financial award from the New York community Trust, 2018.
• (T)Here magazine. 24 hour art marathon in Miami 2017.
• Finalist in the Ashurst emerging artist award 2017.
• Exhibitions Scholar at the New York Academy of Art.
• Prince of Wales scholarship, New York Academy of Art.
• Honorary Fellow of the Cyprus College of Art.
• Four month artist in residency scholarship at the Cyprus College of Art.
Laura Skoler, New York city.
The Cochrins New York city.
Kalle Levon New York city.
Kurt Beers London.
(T)Here magazine 2017
Painters on Paintings 2018 https://paintersonpaintings.com/tom-levy-hans-hartung/